It has been such a difficult past couple days! There has been a lot going on and I’m drained. But in order to stray away from the negative side of things, I’m going to make a list of lovely things instead. Ahem:
1. Dillon and I can now pay for our honeymoon in full. I certainly don’t mean to come across as pompous, I am just really thankful for him. I’m definitely the free spirit one, financially included, and he’s more of the penny pincher. We’ve learned a lot from each other as we save and budget and while I often throw a tantrum, it is TOTALLY worth it when we can pay off an amazing 9 day, all inclusive vacation to a private island in the Bahamas. I can feel the sun already…
2. Speaking of Dillon, we made a big decision tonight that is scary but exciting at the same time. It’s weird making these “big decisions” as a unit, together, and not just me alone. We’ve discussed it for a few weeks and finally settled tonight. In doing so, Dillon talked a lot about trusting God and faithfully serving Him even in times of uncertainty. God blesses those who give everything to God, who fully and completely surrender. I’ve been doing a really bad job and that and I’m glad Dillon spoke that truth to me.
3. I’m enjoying sewing. And I want to make some stationary too. Lots of wanna-be hobbies when I literally hardly have time to eat.
4. Today, two of my sweet friends (and bridesmaids) text me each asking when we could get together for some girl time. What a lucky woman I am to have friends that pursue me and desire to build our friendship, even when I feel really bad at that most of the time. What great people!
5. Some women from the church are throwing me a wedding shower. I’ve known about it for months, but am in still such awe that people would do that for me. I just have to come and enjoy the company. I am literally so thrilled about it!
Okay, that feels much better. But unfortunately, it doesn’t change the fact that my alarm is set for 5am. Goodnight!